Tuesday 27 August 2013

What Happened Over the Weekend - My Birthday Weekend (Part I)

Hello, folks! It's another new week again. How was everyone's weekend? Did something special happened? Well, I turned 22 last saturday. Yes, I'm 22 and my sister kept singing Taylor Swift's song to me. I told her she needs to find a different song because I'm only 16. Kidding aside though, my day wasn't that bad. 


Photo Credit: Patricia Esparas

Patrick's mom made spaghetti and fried chicken for lunch and his dad ordered a cake for me. Yes, as you can see, the spelling of my name is wrong. I still have no idea how it turned out that way. After that, it was just a regular day. We left in the afternoon to go to the mall then we went to church for our regular saturday evening mass. After mass, we went to a family friend's house for a small get together for a novena to Our Lady for Peñafrancia. There were lots of filipino food, it was like a feast in there. There's lechon (roasted pig), dinuguan (pork blood stew), kare kare (beef stew in peanut broth), pansit (vermicelli), and a lot more. I did not try everything and tried my very best not to eat the lechon. I know it tastes so good but it's far too unhealthy. There were also brownies, filipino type rice cakes, leche flan, and cinnamon rolls for dessert.

I spent my sunday mostly out of the house. Since we didn't really celebrate my birthday properly, his mom decided that we should eat lunch at La Bella Italia.

Before leaving the restaurant

The restaurant was packed when we arrived. It was my first time eating at that La Bella and wow, their place is so inviting. They have a mini store in the the restaurant and you can also see the chef while they cook your food. 
Yummy food

The food was good. I was a little disappointed with the pizza because it was filled with air. I had a good choice for my main though, the chicken was cooked perfectly. I didn't try what Patrick ordered because it was lamb (I don't like the taste of lamb) but he said that it was good. I wasn't able to capture the other food that they ordered but they said that it was okay. For our dessert, we had some gelato. I'll definitely come back to that restaurant. It's family friendly, and has good food.


Baby K's looking at the wine menu

The sun was out at the time so we went to the park after our lunch. We then had a mini photo shoot for Baby K. She hasn't had a nap and I was amazed how she cooperated and smiled all through out the photos. She seemed like she wasn't tired at all. 

Lady Bug Costume
Turtle Costume
And of course, we also had our family picture together.

Photo Credit: Patricia Esparas


Photo Credit: Patricia Esparas


Photo Credit: Patricia Esparas

Having everyone at home rarely happens, so this was totally fun. I am breaking this post into two parts  because there's just so many pictures I want to share to all of you. So, stay tuned for part 2. It will be up in a few hours. Have a good day, everyone!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday celebration you had! Happy belated. But more importantly OMG THAT LADY BUG OUTFIT IS BEYOND ADORABLE! I love it! Your family is super adorable and refreshing. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you're having a good day :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...