Wednesday 29 October 2014

Auckland Trip - Day One

After a few weeks of uncalled break from blogging, I am back. Did you miss me? I hope you did. I have a lot of blogging, reading and reviewing catch up to do.  After coming from our holiday a few weeks ago, all I wanted to do was to spend all my time with Kaelyn. I missed her terrible. Of course that wasn't possible. I had so much work waiting for me so I've been juggling the two plus family time. I kept telling myself that I will blog after work but I get too tired and end up falling asleep. I finish work at 9 pm and by that time, Kaelyn is still awake and so we end up playing and reading stories. As soon as she falls asleep, I fall asleep too. I am trying my best to squeeze in a little reading and blogging here and there but haven't made much progress as you can see.

Our trip was very fun though. It was a very much needed break. The night before we left, my parents picked up Kaelyn and we also had a few friends over. It felt like we were going away overseas for a very long time but we weren't. I also only packed that night/early morning. I only had a couple of hours of sleep and Patrick didn't sleep at all. I am bad at packing and I always end up doing it the last minute. Luckily, I didn't forget anything. We left the house at 9 AM 'cause we had to drop off the van at Patrick's parents' house. We then took the bus going to the mall and that's where we waited for the Airport flyer. Bus ride to the airport almost took an hour. We got there a little early so we had lunch and waited around.


We arrived at Auckland airport just an hour after we left Wellington. I was so overwhelmed and a little confused. There were so many people and I had no idea where to go. When we got out, we immediately found a shuttle. It took us almost an hour to get to the hotel. I didn't realise how far the airport was. There were also traffic jam which delayed us. The drivers in Auckland are a little reckless or maybe I'm just not wasn't used to it. They swerve without signalling and they drive faster than I'm used to. It's like being in the Philippines. Anyway, when we got to the hotel, their staff helped us where to go. We stayed at Sofitel Hotel near the viaduct with the hopes of seeing Justin Timberlake but we didn't. He stayed at Pullman hotel which was my original hotel choice. Patrick didn't want that hotel because there wasn't a pool but we didn't even use the pool in our hotel. Good one. 



Our first day (more like half a day) in Auckland was a quiet one. We just walked around and ate at a cute Japanese restaurant. We were really hungry and Japanese food felt good at that time.




We went straight back to the hotel after that. We were meant to meet up with my sister or go clubbing but we didn't. We were talking and planning on what time to go out but we fell asleep. Such a fun filled day but hey we were so tired. We needed all the rest for the next day anyway. That's our first day in Auckland. Day two on the next post. 


 photo sig.jpg

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...